Chad M. Martens
Environmental Services Project Manager
B.A., Environmental Studies, 1993, University of Kansas
Licensed Asbestos Inspector – Illinois and Missouri
Licensed Radon Measurement Professional – Illinois
Illinois Association of Environmental Professionals
40-hour OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response
ASTM Environmental Site Assessment Practices for Commercial Real Estate
Mr. Martens’ responsibilities include project management, technical guidance, report preparation, and report review. His experience includes environmental projects for commercial, industrial and large residential developments. Project work includes the following:
- Phase I Environmental Assessments
- UST/AGT regulatory compliance issues
- Design and implementation of drilling and sampling programs for soil and groundwater explorations, including underground storage tank (UST) sites
- Groundwater monitoring at commercial and industrial facilities
- Development of health and safety plans
- Asbestos surveys, lead-based paint surveys, lead-in-drinking water sampling, and radon testing
- Development of asbestos Operations & Maintenance (O&M) plans
- NEPA studies for commercial, industrial and telecommunications sites
- Regulatory agency file reviews
- Residential radon testing
Prior to joining Quality Testing and Engineering, Inc., Mr. Martens was employed for 2 years with Blackstone Consulting, LLC (Blackstone). He was responsible for project management, technical guidance, report preparation, and report review. His experience included environmental projects for industrial, commercial and large residential developments. Prior to joining Blackstone, Mr. Martens was employed for 6 years by Trileaf Corporation (Trileaf). He was responsible for the establishment and management of a Chicago branch office, including project coordination and management, report preparation and review, staff management, client relations, and office finances. His experience included environmental projects for telecommunications, commercial and industrial developments. Prior to joining Trileaf, Mr. Martens was employed for 5 years by SCI Engineering, Inc. (SCI). He was responsible for project management and report preparation. His experience included environmental projects for commercial, industrial and large residential developments. Additional responsibilities included environmental sampling (asbestos, lead-based paint, lead-in-drinking water, and radon); monitoring well installation, development and sampling; soil boring installation and sampling; NEPA studies for telecommunications sites; and oversight of UST removal and excavation of associated contaminated soils.
REPRESENTATIVE PROJECT EXPERIENCE
- Conducted Phase I Environmental Assessments for private landowners, attorneys, developers, lending institutions, contractors, and major corporations. Direct experience includes performing hundreds of Phase I Environmental Site Assessments for commercial, industrial, recreational, and residential properties in Illinois, Missouri, Iowa, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, New York, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, Texas, Florida, California and Washington, D.C.
- Conducted Phase II Assessments and Limited Subsurface Explorations for commercial and industrial properties in Illinois and Missouri. Project manager responsibilities include billing coordination and site preparation, soil and groundwater sample collection, laboratory analytical data review and report preparation.
- Provided UST services on many projects for municipalities, counties, private companies, publicly owned corporations, and individual clients throughout Illinois. Staff Scientist and Project Manager of numerous leaking UST closures which have included subsurface explorations to determine the extent of hydrocarbon impacted soils and groundwater, installation of groundwater monitoring wells, groundwater monitoring, hydraulic conductivity testing, calculating groundwater flow rates and directions, preparing Corrective Action Plans, and remediation management.
- Provided UST services on projects for municipalities, private companies and individual clients in Missouri. Project manager responsibilities included UST removal, soil and groundwater sampling, site investigation, contamination remediation, closure documentation reporting and reimbursement package preparation.
- Project Manager for over 1,200 Phase I Environmental Assessments and NEPA studies for telecommunications tower and antennae sites throughout the Midwest for large-scale telecommunications carrier and tower companies. Various components of project work included site assessment, natural and historical resource impact surveys, subsurface environmental and geotechnical investigations, and materials testing.
- Conducted client management and staff oversight for environmental compliance review of over 6,000 telecommunications tower and antennae sites throughout United States associated with a tower portfolio ownership transfer. The project also included the subsequent performance of necessary environmental site assessments, subsurface investigations, and NEPA studies to fulfill compliance requirements.
- Conducted residential radon testing at hundreds of homes in Metro East St. Louis Area of Illinois St. Clair, Madison, Monroe, Bond, Clinton, Washington and Randolph counties).
Quality Testing & Engineering, O'Fallon, IL / St. Louis, MO
Quality Testing & Engineering, with construction testing and engineering offices in O'Fallon, Illinois and Wentzville, Mo, serves the St Louis, Missouri metropolitan area as well as areas of Southern Illinois including O'Fallon, Illinois, Edwardsville, Illinois, Alton Illinois, Belleville, Illinois, Troy, Illinois, Columbia, Illinois, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois and other areas. We provide construction testing, environmental consulting and testing, geotechnical exploration, construction materials testing and other environmental services to the St Louis area, including Wentzville, Missouri, O'Fallon Missouri, St Louis County as well as all areas of Southern Illinois.
Quality Testing and Engineering products range in size from residential homes to Industrial/Refineries, heavy industrial projects such as power plants, refineries and factories. QTE works in commercial, educational, institutional, industrial, recreational, refinery, transportation and warehousing projects.