B.S. Geology, 1999, Louisiana Tech University – Ruston, Louisiana
- ACI, Certified Level I Concrete Technician
- IDOT QC/QA Training Program
- IDOT Concrete Level I
- IDOT Bituminous Concrete Density Tester
- NCMA Concrete Masonry Testing Technician
- Nuclear Densimeter Moisture Gauge
- ICC – Special Inspector – Reinforced Concrete Special Inspector
- ICC – Special Inspector – Structural Masonry Special Inspector
- ICC – Special Inspector – Soils Special Inspector
From 2000 until present, Mr. McKinney’s responsibilities included density testing of asphalt, rock and soil, foundation inspections, superspan backfill observation, sampling of fresh concrete, magnetic induction pachometer surveys, reinforcing steel inspection, and ACI Level II masonry inspection. In addition, Mr. McKinney has extensive laboratory experience with asphalt, concrete, masonry and soil.
REPRESENTATIVE PROJECT EXPERIENCE
- St. Luke’s East Parking Garage, Chesterfield, Missouri. Field technician/geologist responsible for soil, rock and asphalt density testing, sampling of fresh concrete, and structural masonry inspection including reinforcing steel placement verification, grout sampling, mortar sampling and CMU lab analysis of a multi-story post-tensioned parking garage.
- Shaw Park Parking Garage, Clayton, Missouri. Field technician/geologist responsible for soil, rock and asphalt density testing and sampling of fresh concrete including reinforcing steel placement verification of a new multi-story post-tensioned parking garage for the city of Clayton.
- Stonehenge Subdivision, Columbia, Illinois. Field technician/geologist responsible for observation of superspan structure. Observation required the careful measurement of control points inside the superspan structure with surveying equipment to insure no shifting or bowing occurred during backfill operations.
- Paul Avenue Bridge Replacement, Ferguson, Missouri. Field technician/geologist responsible for observation of replacement of old bridge with new superspan structure. Observation required the careful measurement of control points inside the superspan structure with surveying equipment.
- Maryland Heights Expressway, Maryland Heights, Missouri. Worked as representative of the City of Maryland Heights. Responsibilities included verification of compliance with MoDOT specifications of the density of base course rock for density and the slump, air content and strength of fresh concrete.
- Missouri Route 367 Reconstruction, Spanish Lake, Missouri. Managed quarry sampling and laboratory testing of aggregate base course and PCCP aggregates to ensure compliance with MoDOT standards of a 2-mile stretch of Missouri Highway. Testing was part of the infant MoDOT QA/QC program.
- Florissant Street Repairs, Florissant, Missouri. Responsibilities included hot asphalt compaction testing and sampling as well as supplementary estimation of tonnage of asphalt placed during municipal street overlay operations.
- St. Luke’s North-South Garage, Chesterfield, Missouri. Field technician/geologist responsible for sampling in-situ concrete for strength and chloride-ion content analysis. Sampling required location of post-tension tendons and reinforcing steel with magnetic induction pachometers prior to coring.
- North-South Broadway Corridor, St. Louis, Missouri. Worked closely with city BPS inspectors to sample and verify density of asphalt overlay. Project required both compliance with MoDOT standards and 24-hour turn around of test results.
- Eads Bridge Renovation, St. Louis, Missouri. Worked closely with city BPS inspectors to sample fresh concrete to verify compliance of slump, air content and strength with MoDOT standards.
- Fee Fee Creek Bank Improvements, Maryland Heights, Missouri. Responsibilities required the observation of wrapping operations of the earthen creek bank. Wrapping operations required all fill materials to be compacted and enclosed in filter fabric.
- Darst-Webbe Site Development, St. Louis, Missouri. Field technician/geologist responsible for visual observation of rubble fill compaction with Code-L and placement of filter fabric wrapped clean rock for sewer line back fill.
- Shoppes at St. Clair Square, Fairview Heights, Illinois. Field technician/geologist responsible for soil, rock, asphalt density with observation of subgrade remediation by geo grid placement and slump of fresh concrete including steel placement verification.
- East St. Louis Elementary Schools, East St. Louis, Missouri. Gordon Bush, Edgemont and Dunbar. Responsibilities included observation of unsuitable soil removal; and remediation of soils by replacement with suitable soils or lime stabilization. Also general field technician responsibilities for concrete.
- Wood River Refinery Maintenance and CORE Projects, Wood River, Illinois. Worked closely with Helmkamp, Plocher, Widman Construction, RCS Construction, L. Keeley Construction, Berco Industrial and MC Industrial to comply with site specifications for soil, rock, and concrete testing including lime-stabilization, geogrid placement, and special considerations required by Conoco Phillips.
- Konert Farms and Konert Lake Estates Subdivisions, Arnold, Missouri. Land development observation including proofrolling, nuclear density and observed remediation of sinkhole.
- ConocoPhillips Heavy Haul Road, Heavy Haul Route, and Extension, Wood River, Illinois. Observed Code-L lime-stabilization of soil backfill, geogrid, rock compaction testing, fresh concrete sampling and testing, and asphalt pavement testing.
- Scott Air Force Base, US TRANSCOM, BRAC/ADAL, and JIOC Bldg – SAFB, Illinois. Responsibilities included soil backfill observation and testing, fresh concrete sampling, asphalt paving, and drilled pier observations.
- Madison County Transit – Alton, Illinois. Observed paint thickness checks with destructive testing by a paint inspection gauge.
- Mascoutah High School / SM Wilson – General, Division Seven – Spraying Contractor: Responsible for inspection of Sprayed Fire Resistive Materials (SFRM) and Thin-Film Intumescent Fire Resistive Materials (TFIFRM).
- SLUH Student Center / BSI – General: Masonry special inspections which includes verifying placement and use of appropriate masonry, grout, mortar and steel reinforcing. Inspection of SFRM, floor flatness/ levelness tests, removal of unsuitable soils, controlled fill testing with nuke and concrete testing.
- McKendree University New Student Housing: Floor flatness and concrete testing.
- New Joint Armed Forces Reserve Center: Core testing, floor flatness, nuke density and asphalt testing.
- Hilton at the Ball Park Expansion: SFRM inspection.
- Ethanol Plant: Lab and field testing of asphalt with nuke and drilled piers.
- US Reserve Center: Masonry special inspections, core testing, nuke testing of controlled fill and asphalt testing with nuke.
- Malcolm Martin Memorial Park: Structural steel inspections, nuke tests of controlled fill and concrete and grout testing.
- SAFB Airmen’s Dormitory: Floor flatness, concrete testing and asphalt testing with nuke.